ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) -- One person was killed in a crash New Year's Eve on Virginia's Eastern Shore, Virginia State Police say.
In a news release Thursday, state police said troopers were called to a crash at the intersection of Chesser Road and Sand Street in Accomack County around 9 p.m. on Dec. 31.
State police said a 45-year-old Dietrich Geramane Davis, of Horntown, Virginia, was driving a 2005 Ford Focus east on Chesser when he lost control, ran off the road and hit several trees.
Davis, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected in the crash and died at the scene, state police said.
State police said it is unknown if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
- Woman found shot in car after Hampton crash dies; suspect arrested
- Va. bill to gradually increase minimum wage to $15 dies in vote along party lines
- Special Report: Retracing MLK's tour of Hampton Roads
- Regent investigating after '#MeToo' found painted on school sign
- Police: Man stabbed, woman shot dead at Cambridge Apartments in Hampton
- Donations needed for annual prom benefiting local teen girls in foster care
- Local shelters see jump in homeless people during frigid drop