VIRGINIA (WAVY) — With certain grocery store shelves near empty, restaurants are opening online markets in an effort to provide food more options to customers.
Restaurants are selling bulk meats, ingredients, bread, pastas, produce, and desserts.
Moe’s recently launched its online Moe’s Market where customers can browse and buy various proteins, sides, and Moe’s dips. Orders can be placed through the Moe’s app or website two hours in advance and picked up via curbside or delivery (free delivery through April 10).
- A la carte proteins include 3-pound or 5-pound white meat chicken, adobo chicken, steak, pork, and ground beef
- A la carte ingredients include rice, beans, salsa, queso, guacamole, cheese, chips, chipotle ranch, and tortillas
Moe’s locations are in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Hampton, and Williamsburg.
The California Pizza Kitchen launched its online CPK Market which is offering meal kits, pantry items, beer, and wine.
Meal kits include taco kits, pizza kits, fruit and veggie kits, and the Chef’s Board. Pantry items include dairy, produce, meat and seafood, pasta dinner items, bread, and desserts.
CPK locations are in Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
- Baseball Hall of Famer Henry “Hank” Aaron dies at 86
- Virginia Jan. 22 COVID-19 update: Virginia surpasses 6,000 COVID-19 deaths, cases down this week
- Protesters gather, damage Democratic headquarters in Oregon
- No injuries reported after truck catches fire on N. Military Highway
- NFL giving 7,500 vaccinated health care workers free tickets to Super Bowl in Tampa