FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) — Franklin Police say its K-9, Ares, died Monday after five years of “superb service.”
Ares was a narcotics detection dog that worked both in Franklin and in Hampton Roads with Officer Warren.
The police department did not say what Ares’ cause of death is.
Memorial arrangements for Ares are in the works and will be released when they’re finalized.
- Williamsburg cancels Grand Illumination firework events
- Local food banks are in need this holiday season; here’s how you can help
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- Beware of COVID-19 scams as vaccine approaches FDA approval
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history