FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) — Franklin Police say its K-9, Ares, died Monday after five years of “superb service.”
Ares was a narcotics detection dog that worked both in Franklin and in Hampton Roads with Officer Warren.
The police department did not say what Ares’ cause of death is.
Memorial arrangements for Ares are in the works and will be released when they’re finalized.
- ‘Afraid for my life’: Portland protesters testify before Congress
- U.S. lawmakers disagree on how to curb violence during protests
- President Trump signs off on Great American Outdoors Act
- $35M in federal grants will pay for trafficking victim housing
- Kings Dominion to stay closed for remainder of 2020