FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) — Franklin Police say its K-9, Ares, died Monday after five years of “superb service.”
Ares was a narcotics detection dog that worked both in Franklin and in Hampton Roads with Officer Warren.
The police department did not say what Ares’ cause of death is.
Memorial arrangements for Ares are in the works and will be released when they’re finalized.
- Portsmouth Police investigating death near Court Street
- Pasquotank County commissioners OK increase to sheriff’s budget, despite pushback from protesters
- Virginia Beach woman recovering after apparent hit-and-run in neighborhood
- ODU Fan group “The Monarchists” raising money with $105 donations after 105 home runs this season
- Chesapeake’s Cherry “ecstatic” about making first Olympic team