DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A father in Danville has been charged with homicide and child abuse following the death of his three-month-old son.
Danville Police say the investigation start on August 9 after the parents drove the infant to the hospital because the child was unresponsive. The staff at Sovah Health in Danville then notified the police, and the boy was transferred to Duke University Medical Center where he later died on August 12.
Following a thorough investigation in collaboration with the Medical Examiner’s Office and the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office, Danville Police arrested Antoine Juwan Jefferson, 22, of Danville, without incident on Friday for the felony homicide and felony child abuse of his son.
Anyone with information should call (434) 793-0000 or use our crime tips app CARE at https://www.p3tips.com/tipform.aspx?ID=818#.
- Local film set to premiere at Portsmouth’s Commodore Theatre
- Over $24 million in funding announced for affordable housing projects across Virginia
- Venues reopen doors to serve as mass vaccination sites
- Texas attorney general sues power company over storm’s high energy bills
- Butter burger? Sonic rolls out sandwich slathered in dairy spread