RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY/WRIC) — If you are part of Virginia’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), you could benefit from emergency allotments this month.
These extra funds will only be given to eligible households who are not already receiving the maximum allotment as part of their regular monthly benefit.
The Virginia Department of Social Services said the emergency allotments will be automatically loaded onto EBT cards on January 16.
The emergency allotments raise existing SNAP households’ monthly allotment to the maximum allowable based on the household size as follows:
|Household Size||48 States and DC|
|Each additional person||$153|
- Two killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat
- $440 stolen from Chinese restaurant overnight in Hampton, police say
- Invasive ‘jumping worms’ spreading through several US states
- Foodbank site to help with food insecurity opens at Tidewater Community College’s Portsmouth campus
- Monday marks 32 years since USS Iowa explosion that killed 47 sailors