RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) will release emergency benefits to participants on Aug. 16, according to a press release from the Virginia Department of Social Services. Emergency benefits will be automatically uploaded to recipients’ Electronic Benefits Transfer cards.
The emergency benefits are part of an ongoing effort from the VDSS to assist households in meeting their nutritional needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the release, SNAP participants who do not already qualify for maximum monthly benefits are eligible for the emergency benefits. These additional benefits have been provided every month since March but are not guaranteed to continue past this month.
The possibility of future emergency benefits will be determined by the United States Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service.
- (VIDEO) Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- (VIDEO) Armstrong, Davis help Virginia rally past winless Duke 38-20
- Norfolk family pleads for justice after body of 17-year-old girl found in Newport News
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest 3 men on firearms, drug-related charges
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG