LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Saturday’s Alone Together Virtual 5K, organized by the American Cancer Society, raised over $3500 from runners in twelve states: New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia, Iowa, Louisiana, Florida, California, Nevada, Arizona, and Washington State.
The idea behind the 5K is that cancer never stops, so neither will we.
The registration fee is a donation of any amount. Participants gave anywhere from $1 to $100, with an average donation of under $25.
The American Red Cross asks participants in the 5K to flood social media with pictures from before, during, and after the run.
- Burger King tweets ‘women belong in the kitchen’ on International Women’s Day
- Police: Woman abducted, robbed after friend asked to borrow $50
- Overturned tractor-trailer closes entrance and exit to Southwest Suffolk Bypass, injures nearby motorists
- 10 On Your Side’s Coats for Families campaign sets new record
- Virginia man to spend 8 years in prison for $5.7 million investment fraud scheme