POWELL, Ohio (WCMH) — The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has released a new video of a baby gorilla, Jamani, sleeping in her mother’s arms.
The female western lowland gorilla baby named Jamani was born just about a month ago to Cassie, and first-time father, Ktembe, according to the zoo.
The zoo website states that western lowland gorillas have a single birth every three to four years and gestation lasts between 255 and 265 days — or around 8.5 months.
Here is Jamani’s original birth announcement the zoo posted on Facebook. You can see how much she’s grown from these pictures.
- Chopper 10 weekly roundup: Local protests and Phase 2 reopening
- Weekend demonstrations for George Floyd continue across Hampton Roads
- Chesapeake drivers may face detour around Centerville Turnpike Bridge this weekend; businesses affected by 6-month closure, COVID-19 need help
- Tracking the Tropics: Cristobal strengthens to tropical storm, watches in effect for parts of Gulf Coast
- Virginia Living Museum reopening to public on Saturday