VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Virginia Beach Public Utilities announced starting at 5 p.m. Friday May 22, utility work will shut down a portion of South Military Highway.
Officials say all work is expected to be completed by 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 26, weather permitting.
Virginia Beach Public Works said the outside lane of northbound South Military Highway near the intersection of Indian River Road will be closed to traffic.
The right-turn lane from westbound Indian River Road onto northbound South Military Highway and one left-turn lane from eastbound Indian River Road onto northbound South Military Highway will also be closed to incoming traffic.
All surrounding residents will have access to their properties at all times, the city said.
For more information, view the full press release here.
- ‘More white people locking arms with black people today … than I’ve ever seen’: Newport News pastor sees hope
- 1 displaced after fire on Queen Street in Portsmouth
- Minneapolis protester speaks about helping man who drove truck into demonstration
- Hundreds attend Black Lives Matter 757 peace rally and memorial
- 1 flown to hospital, another taken by ambulance, after crash in James City County