HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Just over a month ago, the country began protesting the death of George Floyd and racial injustice. This week, demonstrations continue across the nation — including throughout Hampton Roads.
Here are upcoming protests that WAVY is aware of:
Friday, July 3
- Norfolk: A peaceful protest is happening at 4 p.m. at 150 Bank Street in downtown Norfolk to highlight the fatal shooting of a Chesapeake man, Kelvin White, by an off-duty Norfolk police officer earlier this year.
- Norfolk: City Hall Sit-In to “demand the released of the Norfolk Police use-of-force reports” will begin at 7 p.m. The sit-in will take place at 810 Union Street. Event planners expect it to last through the night and ask that participants come prepared.
- Hampton Roads: “757 Unity Week BLM757 4-Year Anniversary” beginning on July 6 at 8 a.m. until July 12 at 11 p.m. Organizers said each day of the week will be dedicated to a community-driven cause across the seven cities.
- Local artists paint murals along VB ViBe District promoting equity and inclusion
- Senators questioned about photos, video of UFOs above Navy warships
- Police: FedEx shooter legally bought guns used in shooting
- After child dies, US regulator warns about Peloton treadmill
- Motorcyclist dies in accident on Portsmouth Boulevard