Two kids, one adult displaced after kitchen fire in Chesapeake

CHESAPEAKE FIRE DEPT_1522291893191.jpg.jpg

One adult and two children are displaced following a fire that damaged their apartment in the Indian River section of the city Wednesday evening.

Firefighters were called to the 1300 block of MacDonald Road at 8:40 p.m. and arrived on scene seven minutes later. Crews found a two-story apartment building with smoke coming from the second floor.

When firefighters entered the apartment, they found the kitchen on fire.

Firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading beyond the kitchen area.  

The fire was brought under control at 8:58 p.m.  

Officials say the cause appears to be unattended cooking.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

WAVY Facebook

Trending stories