Two injured after grease fire inside Kitty Hawk home

News
fire truck lights generic_93610

KITTY HAWK, N.C. (WAVY) – Two people were injured after a grease fire inside a home on Friday night. 

Firefighters from Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Southern Shores Fire Departments responded to the fire in the 600 block of West Kitty Hawk Road. They were able to put out the fire without any damage to surrounding homes. 

The two occupants got out of the home safely but both suffered minor injuries. One of the occupants was transported to The Outer Banks Hospital for treatment.

The investigation pointed to a grease in the kitchen as the source. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

***EXPERTS***

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

WAVY Facebook

Trending stories