CLEVELAND, Ohio (NEXSTAR/WJW) – It would be quite a start to the new year to collect on one of the giant lottery jackpots up for grabs.
The Mega Millions jackpot climbed to $447 million on Tuesday, making it among the top ten highest Mega Millions jackpots to date.. On October 23, 2018, Mega Millions set a milestone with a $1.537 billion jackpot; only the second time any lottery prize passed the billion dollar mark.
The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday night.
The Powerball jackpot is up to $410 million, its highest jackpot since March 2019, when a $768.4 million jackpot was won in Wisconsin. Its next drawing is Wednesday night.
The odds of a single ticket winning either jackpot are long — 1 in 302 million for Mega Millions and 1 in 293 million for Powerball. The overall chance of winning any prize is 1 in 24.87.
- Missing 68-year-old woman from Charlottesville found safe, senior alert canceled
- Sixth victim in South Carolina mass shooting, Robert Shook, has died
- Police: Staff at Myrtle beach restaurant tried to clean up the crime scene after a shooting that resulted in one death
- Celebration of Life held for Julie Eberly, Pennsylvania mom of 6 killed in I-95 road rage shooting
- Fire burning underground in Utah can’t be extinguished