NASHVILLE, Tenn. (NEXSTAR) – Dolly Parton announced on social media Wednesday that she is donating $1 million to Vanderbilt for research on a cure for the coronavirus.
According to her tweets and an Instagram post, her longtime friend Dr. Naji Abumrad has informed her they are making advancements on research for a cure at Vanderbilt.
The singer also encouraged anyone who can afford it to make donations.
- Portsmouth man charged for alleged involvement in fentanyl distribution conspiracy
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- Man charged in connection with Langley Federal Credit Union fraud scheme
- The pop-up sandbar beach at Craney Island in Portsmouth is off-limits
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy