SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The airplane etiquette debate of 2020 – to recline or not to recline?
The question has since resurfaced after an American Airlines passenger filmed the man behind her repeatedly hitting her seat because she reclined her chair.
She posted the video on Twitter and it has since gone viral.
Williams tweeted she was on a flight from New Orleans to Charlotte on Jan. 31 on an American Eagle flight when it all happened.
Williams said the man, who appeared to be sitting in the last row and could not recline his own seat, asked her to put her seat back up while he ate off his tray table.
She said she obliged and then reclined again when he was done, which led to him hitting her seat.
Williams also claimed the flight attendant sympathized with the man and “gave him rum.”
Williams claims she has “lost time at work, had to visit a doctor, got x-rays and have horrible headaches for a week” due to the incident.
Williams wrote she was later contacted by American Airlines, who suggested she contact the FBI.
She tweeted that she plans to file an assault charge with the FBI against the “man who mistook me for a punching bag.”
So the debate continues – is it impolite to recline your seat on airplanes?
- Katherine Johnson, one of NASA Langley’s ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Wesley Hadsell murder trial to begin Monday in Southampton County
- Blog: More Rain Headed This Way This Week.
- Supreme Court to hear arguments over critical permit for Atlantic Coast Pipeline on Monday
- Northam to read to students, visit with teachers at Hampton Head Start on Monday