MONROE, La. — “I love that giant bear”, a little boy utters after getting spooked by a baby bear and the exchange is caught on camera.
Officials in Louisiana say the bear has been spotted across North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the animal.
According to a tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage with or capture the bear.
Ring camera footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a child Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
Look closely at the video and you will notice, the child just happens to be wearing a shirt with a bear on it!
- Dirksen Londrigan dings Davis for transparency votes after his family’s business received federal PPP loans
- Richmond’s top prosecutor asks for Herring’s opinion on Stoney’s authority to rush monument removals
- Hampton City Schools outlines 4-phase approach to reopening schools
- 22-year-old arrested in connection with Newport News shooting that injured 2
- State police: 9 deaths and 44 DUI arrests made over Independence Day weekend