(WAVY) — Welcome to the WAVY Traffic Blog for the week of March 6.
Here you’ll find everything you need to know before hitting the roads this week to get where you need to go on time.
Have a road issue in your neck of the woods? You can get 10 On Your Side by emailing me at email@example.com.
Before we get to your Traffic in the News headlines, here’s a list of closures that may impact your commute.
Construction & Closures
Depending on where you’re heading, you’re likely using a major highway, tunnel or bridge. With that in mind, these major construction updates or notifications are organized by road or structure. If it’s not a full/continuous closure, or it’s happening in the 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. timeframe, we won’t make a written mention of it.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Monday, March 6
- All stop I-64 west at HRBT from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Slow roll I-64 west at Willoughby Inspection Station from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64, Express Lanes:
- Full closure in both directions: March 6-7 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
I-64, Newport News:
- Full closure of the on-ramps from Fort Eustis Boulevard east and Jefferson Avenue north to I-64 east March 6-9 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-264 East Downtown Tunnel:
- Full closure in the Downtown Tunnel eastbound on Sunday, March 12 from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. the following morning.
- Overnight closure of I-64 west off-ramp to Battlefield Boulevard south (exit 290B) and the collector-distributer (CD) lane March 6-7 from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Overnight closure of the I-64 west off ramp to George Washington Highway south (exit 296A) March 7-8 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Overnight closure of on-ramp from George Washington Highway north to I-64 east March 8-9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Overnight closure of off-ramp from I-64 east to George Washington Highway south (exit 296B) March 8-9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Overnight closure of off-ramp from I-64 east to Military Highway south (exit 297A) March 8-9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Overnight closure of on ramp from Route 168 north/Chesapeake Expressway to I-64 west March 9-10 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Traffic in the News
- Shamrock Marathon to impact traffic at Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Portion of Jeanne St in VB closing over the weekend for emergency sewer repair
- 1 dead, 1 injured in school bus involved crash on I-64
Stay with WAVY.com for more local news, weather and traffic.