SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk City Council will hold a special meeting on March 31 to discuss the coronavirus pandemic.
The meeting will be held at 1 p.m. in the Suffolk City Council Chambers, located at 442 West Washington St.
The meeting is open to the public, but will also be livestreamed on the Suffolk Municipal Channel (Spectrum Channel 190) and online here.
According to a news release on Monday, the meeting will cover several topics. Those items on the agenda include:
- A resolution to confirm the Declaration of Local Emergency
- An ordinance to amend and re-ordain the adopted FY2019-2020 fee schedule for the City of Suffolk, Virginia to remove the E-Check convenience fee and the charge card convenience fees
- An emergency ordinance to effectuate temporary changes in certain deadlines and to modify public meeting and public hearing practices and procedures to address continuity of operations associated with pandemic disaster
- Organization that gives playsets to children with cancer in need of donations
- Walmart puts guns, ammunition back on display at US stores
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City on the last day of early voting
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- TV news anchor gunned down in Downtown Juarez