HILTON, N.Y. (WHEC/NBC News) — An unlikely duo is getting media inquiries from around the world after a Facebook post celebrating their friendship went viral.
Lundy, an 8-week-old Chihuahua, and Herman, a pigeon, have been having some fun being roommates at The Mia Foundation in Hilton, New York for more than a month.
Gary and Sue Rogers run the non-profit that helps animals with special needs and birth defects.
Sue said Herman was brought in more than a year ago as a permanent resident, unable to fly most likely due to West Nile Virus or a brain injury. Lundy arrived six weeks ago from North Carolina with special needs unable to walk with his back legs.
“Thursday night I took Herman out of his playpen to give him some time out and I put him in a dog bed and then I had to tend to Lundy so I put Lundy in with him,” Sue said. “They just looked really cute together so I took some pictures and posted them to Facebook and the next morning it was crazy.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/2V0lDnV
More in Strange News:
- 24K gold chicken wings sold at new restaurant in Missouri
- Severed finger leads to arrest in log splitter theft in Tennessee
- Woman’s obituary: In lieu of flowers ‘do not vote for Trump’
- ‘I was so shocked’: Louisiana parents welcome second set of identical twins
- Man who suspended himself from Trump Tower in Chicago escapes private ambulance: police