TAMPA (WFLA) — The Tampa Police Department had fun mocking a banana ‘art piece’ that sold for over $100,000 in Miami last week with a display of their own.
“Tampa’s finest piece of art work is on display at Tampa Police Department,” they posted to their Facebook page. “The city’s most elite artist, Chief Brian Dugan, called this a ‘one of a kind’ piece.”
The asking price starts at $200,000.
The department is having a go at the banana duct taped to a wall ‘art work’ having sold for $120K at a Miami art show last week.
Maybe TPD isn’t joking. Perhaps it’s a smart move trying to capitalize on the taped food trend.
- ‘This is huge’: Locust swarms in Africa are worst in decades
- Minor injuries reported after two-vehicle crash on 27th Street in Norfolk
- Boeheim scores 21 as Syracuse beats Pittsburgh 69-61
- No. 6 Louisville rolls Clemson 80-62 for 6th straight win
- Georgia Tech’s late rally leads to upset over NC State 64-58