SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a Suffolk man died in a crash Sunday afternoon.
Suffolk Police and Suffolk Fire responded just before 3:30 p.m. for the incident on Route 58 eastbound near the Suffolk and Chesapeake city line.
Police say both the driver and passenger were transported to a local hospital where the driver was pronounced deceased. He was identified on Monday as 21-year-old Xavier Maurice Austin.
The passenger was treated for injuries that were considered not life-threatening.
No further information is available at this time.
- NC COVID-19 Dec. 5 update: North Carolina reports new record of more than 6,000 additional COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- Minor driving stolen vehicle leads police pursuit before crashing into house in Elizabeth City
- Virginia COVID-19 Dec. 5 update: Backlog results in new record high with 3,793 new cases, 37 additional deaths reported statewide