PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced that Adco Trading Inc. has issued a recall of Dollar Tree candles due to fire hazard issues.
The candles’ high flames may “ignite the surface of the wax or cause the glass to break,” creating potential fire and burn hazards.
The name and scent of the candle is the “Sure Scents 2-1 Peaceful Stream/Moonlit Waves.” The candle is about 2 1/2 inches tall with powder blue color wax encased in a glass votive.
The recall was issued Dec. 2 for about 142,740 units sold exclusively at Dollar Tree stores nationwide from July 2020 through Sept. 2020 for $1
The CPSC says that the company “has received two reports that flame height reached above the glass, causing the glass to break. No injuries have been reported.”
Refunds will be issued upon returning the product, according to the website.
For more information, click here.
- Protesters gather, damage Democratic headquarters in Oregon
- No injuries reported after truck catches fire on N. Military Highway
- NFL giving 7,500 vaccinated health care workers free tickets to Super Bowl in Tampa
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship
- Chiefs’ Reid, Bills’ McDermott to match wits for AFC title