DARE COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) – State recreational water quality officials lifted a precautionary swimming advisory on Friday for all coastal waters in Dare County except where signs are posted.
Test results of water samples taken at swimming sites from Hatteras Inlet to Southern Shores found that bacteria levels for most waters meet the state’s and Environmental Protection Agency’s standards set for swimming and water play.
Signs are posted at five sites to warn the public against swimming or otherwise contacting with the water. Officials will continue testing the sites. The public will be notified when bacteria levels are back to normal.
• Public beach access at East Blackman Street, Nags Head
• Public access 380 yards southeast of Conch Street, Hags Head
• Public access at Nags Head Bath House at mile post 15, Nags Head
• Jockey’s Ridge public access, Nags Head
• Colington Harbour at the end of Colington Drive, Kill Devil Hills
Visit the N.C. Recreational Water Quality Program’s website at here or on Twitter @ncrecprgm.