During “Virginia Responds”, hosted by 8News in Richmond, Northam along with U.S. Senators Mark Warner (D-VA) and Tim Kaine (D-VA) asnwered questions from viewers about the coronavirus outbreak in the commonwealth. Dr. Laurie Forlano, deputy commissioner of Population Health at the Virginia Department of Health, also participated.
The four answered questions from both reporters as well as video questions submitted by the general public. Those questions were submitted on social media with the hashtag #VIRGINIARESPONDS.
The town hall began with an opening statement from Gov. Northam, who discussed the latest developments pertaining to COVID-19 and the state’s response.
Prior to the live special, Sen. Kaine sat down with 8News for an interview to answer several questions for the Spanish-speaking community. You can view the video of his responses here.
- Security preps going into place in Tampa ahead of Super Bowl LV
- Want to be a fan in the stands at Super Bowl LV?
- 1 dead, several critically injured after a tornado in Alabama
- Bill to eliminate mandatory minimum sentences wins committee approval in Virginia
- AP source: Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial