During “Virginia Responds”, hosted by 8News in Richmond, Northam along with U.S. Senators Mark Warner (D-VA) and Tim Kaine (D-VA) asnwered questions from viewers about the coronavirus outbreak in the commonwealth. Dr. Laurie Forlano, deputy commissioner of Population Health at the Virginia Department of Health, also participated.
The four answered questions from both reporters as well as video questions submitted by the general public. Those questions were submitted on social media with the hashtag #VIRGINIARESPONDS.
The town hall began with an opening statement from Gov. Northam, who discussed the latest developments pertaining to COVID-19 and the state’s response.
Prior to the live special, Sen. Kaine sat down with 8News for an interview to answer several questions for the Spanish-speaking community. You can view the video of his responses here.
- Serious crash on General Booth Boulevard and Gunn Hall Drive in Virginia Beach
- US Senators to schedule an emergency hearing on police reform
- Trudeau speechless for 21 seconds after Trump questions
- ‘I think it shows a willingness to listen:’ NN police chief Steve Drew talks why he joined protesters
- George W. Bush issues statement on ‘brutal suffocation’ of George Floyd: ‘It is time for us to listen’