VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Congressional candidate Scott Taylor will hold a lunch reception event with Donald Trump Jr. next week.
The fundraiser is happening Tuesday in Virginia Beach, and comes with a steep admission price.
Tickets are $2,800 per person for the lunch reception, with VIP photo opportunity tickets at $11,200 per couple. Tickets on the “host committee” are $25,000.
Taylor, who is trying to win back his old congressional seat for the 2nd District, has gotten some help from President Trump, who recently invited him to speak at a rally in Newport News. Taylor’s running against Democratic incumbent Elaine Luria, a fellow Navy veteran who beat Taylor in 2018, after Taylor’s campaign became embroiled in an election fraud scandal.
Trump Jr. was in the area two months ago for an in-person fundraising event in Manteo, North Carolina. He’s faced criticism like his father for continuing to hold in-person, mostly maskless events during the pandemic, even after the president and many others recently tested positive for the coronavirus.
- Free parking on Atlantic Avenue at the Oceanfront starts Friday
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- VB Circuit Court Friday docket canceled; clerk’s office closed
- The Fenix Experience offers free paint party for Halloween
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown