With the presidential election for 2020 fast approaching, one of the most important days for presidential primary elections is Super Tuesday.
Super Tuesday is March 3, 2020.
Super Tuesday is a designated Tuesday in a presidential election year when the largest number of states and territories in the United States hold a presidential preference primary election or caucus.
This year, 14 jurisdictions or states, including Virginia, are expected to hold a primary event on Super Tuesday.
Officials say more than one-third of the U.S. population is expected to vote on March 3, since the two most populated states in the United States (California and Texas) will be holding their primaries on Super Tuesday as well.
Super Tuesday is not only important for the state but also for the candidates. It lets the candidates see how they are doing on the national stage.
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- VBCPS COVID-19 dashboard new resource for families and staff to stay informed
- After nationwide college sports cuts, alumni & athletes wonder what ripple effects will be
- Luria demands IRS Commisioner response regarding delayed refunds for Gold Star families
- Group of 50 Black churches in Hampton Roads calls on Trump to resign — but the GOP says the ministers should take pause