Robert “Bobby” Scott is the Democratic candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, Virginia’s 3rd District. The Congressional election is scheduled for Nov. 3, 2020.
He is facing Republican candidate John Collick.
Candidate Name: Robert C. “Bobby” Scott
Race: U.S. House of Representatives, Virginia’s 3rd District
Biography: Robert C. “Bobby” Scott was born in Washington, D.C. and grew up in Newport News. He earned his bachelor’s degree in political science from Harvard University and a law degree from Boston College. He also served in the Massachusetts’s National Guard and the Army Reserve. He practiced law in Newport News from 1973 until 1991 when he ran for Congress.
Bobby was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1992 and has served 11 terms in Congress. Prior to being elected to Congress, Bobby served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1978 to 1983 and the Virginia Senate from 1983 to 1993.
- View upcoming elections
- View candidates in upcoming elections
- Register to vote
- Locate your polling place
- Learn about in-person voting
- Request an absentee ballot
- Learn about accessible voting
- Apply for a voter photo ID
- Find your local voter registration office
- File a complaint with the Virginia Department of Elections