J.H. Madison Downs lost the June 2020 primary election to John Collick. Collick will be named on the Nov. 3, 2020 ballot as the Republican candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, Virginia’s 3rd District. Click here to learn more about Collick.
Name: J.H. Madison Downs
Race: U.S. House of Representatives, Virginia’s 3rd District
Biography: Madison Downs is a teacher and community developer who has a long family history in Hampton Roads. He played football for Hampton High School, where his mother, uncles and aunts also attended school.
Madison said he understands the struggles middle-class families face in Hampton Roads due to housing and financial instability. He has experienced both of these hardships in his personal life and through his work in impoverished neighborhoods in Hampton Roads.
- View upcoming elections
- View candidates in upcoming elections
- Register to vote
- Locate your polling place
- Learn about in-person voting
- Request an absentee ballot
- Learn about accessible voting
- Apply for a voter photo ID
- Find your local voter registration office
- File a complaint with the Virginia Department of Elections