NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — An armed and dangerous suspect wanted in a series of violent crimes is facing more than 20 charges following his arrest in Newport News.
Newport News police said in a news release officers arrested 30-year-old Earl Dontia Wiggins, of Hampton, on Friday, March 8, with the help of a U.S. Marshals task force.
U.S. Marshals issued a call in mid-February for information on Wiggins, who was wanted on several felony charges out of Hampton, Newport News and Suffolk.
Police said the charges against Wiggins in Newport News stem from separate incidents in May and October 2018.
Here’s a full list of the charges against Wiggins:
- Two counts of abduction: by force, intimidation or deception.
- Abduction: of person w/ intent to defile.
- Sodomy: by force or victim helplessness.
- Object sexual penetration: by force or helpless.
- Three counts of robbery.
- Grand larceny: Steal motor vehicle value less than $200.
- Possession of a firearm by violent convicted felon.
- Concealed weapon: carry.
- Five counts of use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
- Two counts of possession of a firearm by violent convicted felon.
- Probation violation on felony offense.
- Two counts of conspiracy to commit felony.