PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Portsmouth say more than a dozen people were arrested this week in a citywide warrant sweep.
In a news release, Portsmouth police said detectives and members of the Portsmouth Sheriff’s Office made the arrests on Thursday and Friday.
The two-day operation focused on arresting people with outstanding warrants for counts including violent crimes, weapons charges and other felonious property crimes.
Police said 20 people were arrested 45 combined charges, which ranged from probation violations to felonious assault, embezzlement and grand larceny to possession of cocaine and possession of heroin.
Marijuana, heroin, cocaine and a firearm were seized during the operation, police said.
The police department provided the following details about the arrested individuals and their charges:
- William Tregembo – Fraud
- Wayne Grant – Assault (x2), Destruction of Property (x2)
- Anthony Diggs – Possession of Cocaine
- Donald Dollar – Contempt
- George Mitchell – UFA, Felonious assault, Firearm by felon
- Lisa Shad – Petit Larceny (x2), Grand Larceny (x2), Obtain Money by False Pretense (x3), Stolen property with intent to sell (x2)
- David Ackiss – Probation Violation (x2)
- Matthew Williams Jr. – Embezzlement (x2), False report to police
- Tayquan Charles – Contempt
- George Delbridge – Larceny, Trespassing
- Lamar Rucker – Possession of Marijuana 5g
- Keon Lawrence – Possession of Marijuana 1g, Possession of Cocaine 2.5g
- Charles Mosley – Concealed Weapon, Firearm by felon
- Juvenile – Curfew Violation
- Jasmin Thomas – Felonious Assault (x2)
- Jason Thompson – Revocation of Suspended Sentence
- Adam Watson – Revocation of Suspended Sentence
- Marque Smith – Revocation of Suspended Sentence
- Anthony Roulhac – Violation of Protective Order (x2)
- Justin Layton – Revocation of Suspended Sentence (x4)
10 On Your Side is working to learn more about the arrests.