NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A Norfolk man was taken into custody on Christmas Eve after police say he fatally struck a 69-year-old man with his vehicle in a Food Lion parking lot.
Police say the crash happened shortly before 5 p.m. in the parking lot at 3530 Tidewater Drive. The pedestrian, identified as Benson Adetimehin, of the 1200 block of Norview Avenue, was pronounced dead after being taken to the hospital.
The driver of the vehicle, Charles R. Revele Jr., 74, was taken into custody at the scene and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Revele, of the 3200 block of Peronne Avenue, is being held at the Norfolk city jail without bond.
On July 22, 2020, Revele submitted a guilty plea for involuntary aggravated manslaughter and was sentenced to 10 years in jail with eight suspended and three years probation.
Additionally, he entered a guilty plea on the charges of DWI first offense with a BAC level greater than 0.20% holding a sentence of 12 months with 12 months suspended.
Anyone with more information on this incident is asked to call the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Sentara Healthcare celebrates 80,000 COVID-19 vaccines administered
- Newport News Shipbuilding hosts groundbreaking for 19th home in Habitat for Humanity project
- Adopted twins separated at birth find each other living just 6 blocks apart
- Chesapeake Public Schools cancels football game between Great Bridge, Hickory after several players put on quarantine
- Police warn of possible threat to Capitol by militia group Thursday