Overheated HVAC belt triggered fire alarm at Grafton Complex, middle school to start late

News
fire-truck-lights-generic_1522124354693.jpg

YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials say an overheated fan belt on an HVAC unit triggered fire alarms at the Grafton Complex on Tuesday morning.

It happened just after 6:30 a.m. and the building has now been cleared.

Classes at Grafton High will start at 8 a.m. and Grafton Middle will start at 8:45 a.m. due to transportation delays.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook