ELIZABETH CITY, Va. (WAVY) — A video submitted by a WAVY viewer shows a possible waterspout near Elizabeth City, North Carolina, Friday evening.
WAVY News Meteorologist Jeff Edmondson says the weather event appeared to be a waterspout.
The National Weather Service issued several flood advisories and flash flood warnings for parts of southeastern Virginia Friday, but had not confirmed as of Friday evening that there was a waterspout in the Elizabeth City area.
- XFL football to return spring of 2022
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Virginia Oct. 1 COVID-19 update: Case averages dropping statewide, regionally; Hampton Roads’ percent positivity now 4.4%
- Titans home game against Steelers to be rescheduled for later in the season
- Burn victim finds healing through social media trend