CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill issued an “all clear” Friday afternoon following a report of an armed person on campus.
The University initially issued an alert to students and staff just before 11:45 a.m. saying there had been reports of an armed and dangerous person on or near campus.
Soon after, UNC Public Health said to avoid the avoid the Ambulatory Care Center at 102 Mason Farm Road.
Students and staff were told to go inside and stay away from windows.
Video from the area showed a large law enforcement response.
At 12:22 p.m., the University issued an all clear – allowing normal activities to resume on campus.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Gruden apologizes to ‘Raider nation’ after ugly loss in ATL
- Wreaths Across America local group needs help with sponsors, donations
- Hunter falls out of tree stand in Newsoms, flown to trauma center for injuries
- Emergency SNAP benefits extended through December