GATES COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — Gates County Sheriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop on Saturday that led to seizing a loaded firearm, marijuana, and cash.
Deputies stopped Jaquan Heath of Franklin, Virginia on Lee’s Mill Road near Crosstown Road in Gates County, North Carolina, and “conducted an investigatory traffic stop,” officials said.
During the stop, deputies found money, a concealed loaded firearm, a large amount of marijuana, and marijuana paraphernalia.
Deputies arrested Heath on three felony charges and two misdemeanor charges.
- PHOTOS: New Springmaid Pier designed to survive Cat 4 storm
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- LIST: Where you’ll quarantine if traveling to or from South Carolina
- FL Sheriff: ‘I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt’