CURRITUCK COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — A tractor-trailer truck nearly crashed into a house and ended up hitting several parked vehicles Friday morning in North Carolina.
The incident happened on New Year’s Day around 8:40 a.m. in the 5900 block of Caratoke Highway (U.S. 158).
Chief Vernon Hart with the responding department, Lower Currituck Volunteer Fire Department, confirmed that the truck was traveling eastbound and appears to have missed a curve and run off the highway.
Additionally, Hart says the truck ran between the tree and the home before crashing into the vehicles and finally coming to a stop against a power pole.
As a result of the crash, power was out for multiple nearby homes and traffic was reduced to one lane on U.S. 158 eastbound.
A spokesperson with Currituck County says no injuries were reported and the North Carolina Highway Patrol is currently investigating the incident.
Jessica Gazaway, a resident of the home, said, “My family is blessed to still have our home.”
Photos sent by Gazaway show the truck appears to have gone through the front lawn area and crashed into the vehicles parked near the home.
(Courtesy: Jessica Gazaway)
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- VMI’s Greg Parham gets a big assist from his dad
- EXCLUSIVE: Greyhound CEO tells head of DHS migrant passengers must have proof they are COVID-free
- Proposed $349.3M budget for Norfolk schools includes increase in staff pay, security and safety improvements
- Oklahoma student sues university after suffering bat tick bites in dorm