ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. – On Monday the Pasquotank County Sheriff’s Office partnered with the United States Marshals Service to conduct a Sex Offender Enforcement and Compliance Operation.
According to authorities, the purpose of the operation was to ensure that the eighty registered sex offenders in Pasquotank County were in compliance with state laws, and the Adam Walsh Act.
The Adam Walsh Act is intended to help to protect children from sexual exploitation and
The compliance investigations included confirming the residency of each registered sex offender, confirming personal information about each registered sex offender, and serving outstanding warrants on each offender.
In addition, the operation helped to locate any sex offenders who have avoided arrest.
The operation ended on Wednesday, March 17
In conclusion, six sex offenders were arrested in reference to the following felony
- Failing to Register (Multiple Counts)
- Failing to Notify of a Change of Address (Multiple Counts)
- Failing to Report Online Identifiers (Multiple Counts)
- Sex Offender Unlawfully on Premises
- Falsification of Verification (Multiple Counts)
- Residential Restriction; Residing too Close to a School or Daycare