OCRACOKE, N.C. (WAVY) — NCDOT officials are urging motorists to drive carefully following ocean overwash Sunday morning.
NC12 is currently experiencing some sand and ocean overwash Sunday, according to NCDOT officials.
The overwash is located on Ocracoke Island between the NPS Pony Pens and the ferry terminal.
Although there is an overwash, the road is currently open and passable.
Officials are warning motorists to “drive carefully and slow down through areas of standing water.”
- Newsfeed Now: Federal warrant issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case; DC shutdown looms as lawmakers at odds over budget
- State Fair of Virginia starts Friday, with racing pigs and the Baha Men
- Passenger on JetBlue flight tried to storm cockpit, choke flight attendant with necktie, FBI says
- Biden encourages COVID booster after CDC endorses shot for older Americans
- Tractor-trailer catches on fire in westbound lane of I-64 in Portsmouth