OUTER BANKS, N.C. (WAVY) — The Corolla Wild Horse Fund sanctuary on the Outer Banks has welcomed the newest addition to the family this week.
The foal arrival was announced on Wednesday and vets with Corolla confirmed it is a girl and she is healthy and strong.
Shortly after the photos were taken, the horse and its mother ran back into the woods.
There are a little over 100 wild horses that roam the northern Outer Banks. They are descendants of a group of shipwrecked horses that came from Spain hundreds of years ago.
For more information, click here.
- Northam recognizes Norfolk food stand working to combat hunger, keep teens off the streets
- School Board member believes adding metal detectors will again be discussed following Newport News shooting
- Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- Virginia Beach Public Works beginning construction on Long Creek Bridge
- 2 men injured after crash involving scooter, vehicle in Portsmouth Monday