OUTER BANKS, N.C. (WAVY) — The Corolla Wild Horse Fund sanctuary on the Outer Banks has welcomed the newest addition to the family this week.
The foal arrival was announced on Wednesday and vets with Corolla confirmed it is a girl and she is healthy and strong.
Shortly after the photos were taken, the horse and its mother ran back into the woods.
There are a little over 100 wild horses that roam the northern Outer Banks. They are descendants of a group of shipwrecked horses that came from Spain hundreds of years ago.
For more information, click here.
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals
- Portsmouth Police locate missing 13-year-old boy with special needs
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- Man convicted of arson, murder in man’s beating death in Norfolk
- Third defendant sentenced in man’s shooting death on N. Military Highway in March 2019