COROLLA, N.C. (WAVY) — More than three months into 2020, there’s something big to celebrate in Corolla, North Carolina.
On Friday, the first foal of 2020 was spotted by the Corolla Wild Horse Fund.
The new family is back in the woods and marsh, so the sex of the little brown foal isn’t yet known.
The mother and baby appear to both be in excellent condition, the Corolla Wild Horse Fund wrote on Facebook Friday.
“Looks like the baby is bay with two socks and a star,” the post read.
All foals born in 2020 will receive “A” names in memory of Amadeo, a beloved wild horse that died in early March.
Amadeo was blind and lived to his mid-30s. He had been rescued 7 years ago during a fight with another stallion.
- Bill to abolish the death penalty in Virginia passes Senate Judiciary Committee
- Newsfeed Now: US Capitol temporarily locked down, terminally ill man gets matching tattoos with strangers
- Gun-rights group that brought thousands to Richmond for Lobby Day last year returns
- Underground ‘superspreader’ parties busted across Los Angeles area
- Virginia Jan. 18 COVID-19 update: 7,245 new cases after nearly 10K reported Sunday, record 2,000-plus in Hampton Roads