KILL DEVIL HILLS, N.C. (WAVY) — Firefighters say no injuries were reported in a deck fire on Sept. 3 in Kill Devil Hills.

It broke out just before 7 p.m. in the 200 block of West Atlantic Street.

The Kill Devil Hills Fire Department says the fire was contained to that outside rear deck and everyone, including three dogs, got out safely after hearing smoke alarms.

On Sept. 21, the Kill Devil Hills Fire Department said a grill caused the fire.

“The KDHFD would like to remind everyone when using a grill to be sure it is placed well away from the home, deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches and to never leave a grill in use unattended.”