NEW BERN, N.C. (WAVY) – A Moyock man was sentenced Thursday to 77 months in prison for possession of a firearm by a felon.
According to court documents, Zakem Rahmere Clinton, 27, was found in possession of a loaded firearm while the police were executing a search warrant at his Moyock home.
The Currituck County Sheriff’s Office received information from Virginia Beach authorities that Clinton was among those present at the scene of a homicide.
When deputies executed the warrant, they found a loaded Taurus 9mm handgun in Clinton’s bedroom. Police say Clinton admitted to possessing the gun on the night the homicide occurred.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- Trump to hold Fayetteville rally Saturday, his 4th visit in as many weeks to NC
- Chesapeake twins celebrate birthday, end of chemotherapy treatment with parade of cars