RALEIGH, N.C. (WAVY) — The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services reported 1,229 new COVID-19 cases across the state Saturday.
An additional 28 deaths were reported, bringing the total to 3,235. The state surpassed 3,000 deaths last week.
There are currently 882 people hospitalized.
There were 22,000 tests completed Saturday, bringing the total number of tests completed to 2,771020.
Here are the latest updates in local counties:
Gates: 121 cases — 3 deaths
Dare: 258 cases — 2 deaths
Currituck: 150 cases
Pasquotank: 658 cases — 29 deaths
Perquimans: 171 cases — 3 deaths
Bertie: 540 cases — 7 deaths
Hertford: 681 cases — 26 deaths
Chowan: 306 cases — 3 deaths
Camden: 107 cases — 3 deaths
- Chesapeake launches COVID-19 vaccine information call center, online contact tool
- Virginia getting 16% increase in vaccines from feds, new guidance on 1b, restrictions to stay through February
- Authorities search for woman who reportedly escaped from Virginia jail last year
- Kansas City woman using TikTok to rate Chiefs players’ swagger, fashion
- Innovation Meets Experience at Orthopaedic and Spine Center