RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN/WAVY) – North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services officials report an increase of 916 new, laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID-19 across the state Sunday. This is nearly twice the number of additional cases normally reported on a Sunday.
Officials reported 11,021 tests were completed, which makes five days in a row that more than 10,000 tests were completed.
The total positive reported cases now stands at 28,589.
An additional nine deaths related to COVID-19 were reported, bringing the total number of deaths to 886.
Currently, 649 people are hospitalized due to the virus.
Here are the latest numbers in WAVY’s coverage area:
Gates: 23 cases — 1 death
Dare: 18 cases – 1 death
Currituck: 13 cases
Pasquotank: 105 cases — 11 deaths
Perquimans: 24 cases- 2 deaths
Hertford: 117 cases — 2 death
Bertie: 122 cases – 4 deaths
Chowan: 17 cases
Camden: 3 cases
- Bicyclist disregards stop sign, gets struck by passing vehicle in Virginia Beach
- Poll: One-third of Republicans won’t get COVID vaccine
- Sons of Confederate Veterans sues NCDOT for decision to remove battle flag from license plates
- 32-year-old man arrested following stabbing incident in Suffolk
- After 10 On Your Side investigation, Portsmouth Fraternal Order of Police says staffing, pay issues need to be addressed