RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – After dropping and remaining near level for a few days, COVID-19 hospitalizations in North Carolina jumped to an all-time high on Tuesday.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said 1,244 people are hospitalized across the state in relation to the virus.
There are at least 116,087 lab-confirmed cases after NCDHHS added 1,749 new cases on Tuesday.
A total of 1,658,973 tests have been completed.
Here are the latest numbers in local counties:
- Gates: 37 cases — 2 deaths
- Dare: 184 cases — 1 death (+7 cases)
- Currituck: 69 cases (+3 cases)
- Pasquotank: 311 cases — 17 deaths (+6 cases)
- Perquimans: 57 cases — 2 deaths (+1 case)
- Bertie: 219 cases — 4 deaths (+4 cases)
- Hertford: 241 cases — 11 deaths (+4 cases)
- Chowan: 106 cases (+2 cases)
- Camden: 53 cases — 2 deaths (+1 case)
- $1M grant will help renters facing eviction in Greater Williamsburg area
- COVID-19 vaccinations have fallen on hospitals without ‘clear and consistent plan,’ NC Healthcare Association says
- Vaccines near me: Google Maps to show COVID-19 vaccination sites
- Long line for COVID-19 vaccine on first day of phase 1b in Virginia Beach
- Godiva closing all US stores by March 2021