CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE/WAVY) – The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has released its latest coronavirus statistics on Monday.
34.8% of adult North Carolinians are fully vaccinated, and 46.6% have at least one dose.
Hospitalizations are again over 1,000 after falling below that mark for four days last week, currently standing at 1,096 patients.
1,380 more cases are being reported since Sunday raising the state tally to 949,366. There are now 12,418 related fatalities. The infection rate remains above the 5% mark NCDHHS wants it to be at, currently standing at 6.8%.
The White House COVID-19 Response Team, which includes CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky and NIH Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, gave an update on Monday. Dr. Fauci said on Sunday he believes the pause will be lifted on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine this week, and may include a waiver and be restricted based on age.
Here are the latest coronavirus case counts from local counties:
- Gates: 721 cases – 12 deaths
- Bertie: 1,727 cases – 43 deaths
- Camden: 639 cases – 5 deaths
- Chowan: 1,426 cases – 22 deaths
- Currituck: 1,493 cases –15 deaths
- Dare: 2,049 cases – 8 deaths
- Hertford: 2,051 cases – 63 deaths
- Pasquotank: 3,245 cases – 80 deaths
- Perquimans: 970 cases – 9 deaths
To view the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services dashboard, click here.