CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE/WAVY) – The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has released its latest coronavirus statistics on Wednesday.
2,359 new cases have been reported in the last 24 hours, raising the state tally to 938,784.
1,045 patients are currently in the hospital. The infection rate now stands at 7.6%. 12,325 related fatalities have been confirmed to date.
As of Monday, April 12, 900,174 patients are presumed to be recovered from the virus.
CMS returned to in-person learning for four days a week this week. Also this week the FDA and CDC announced a recommendation to temporarily shelve the Johnson & Johnson vaccine until further testing due to a rare blood clot that is being reported in some patients.
All adults in North Carolina ages 16 and older are now eligible to receive the vaccine.
Here are the latest coronavirus case counts from local counties:
- Gates: 711 cases – 12 deaths
- Bertie: 1,713 cases – 43 deaths
- Camden: 634 cases – 5 deaths
- Chowan: 1,409 cases – 22 deaths
- Currituck: 1,482 cases –15 deaths
- Dare: 2,031 cases – 8 deaths
- Hertford: 2,040 cases – 63 deaths
- Pasquotank: 3,224 cases – 80 deaths
- Perquimans: 952 cases – 9 deaths
To view the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services dashboard, click here.