CURRITUCK COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) -A fugitive wanted out of Richmond for two counts of involuntary manslaughter was taken into custody by the Currituck County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday.
Around 1:30 p.m. authorities responded to the 100 block of Raccoon Drive for the wanted suspect, Ryann Daniels.
As deputies approached the home, authorities say Daniels fled on foot into the wooded area on the backside of the property.
A K-9 unit accompanied by several officers tracked Daniels deep in the woods and took him into custody, according to a press release.
Ryann is being held at the Currituck County Sheriff’s Office detention center under a $500,000 bond.
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- NC COVID-19 Jan. 24 update: 6,096 new cases reported statewide, 4th day of more than 100 deaths
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction