KILL DEVIL HILLS, N.C. (WAVY) — Kill Devil Hills Police say they arrested a man wanted in connection with a shooting Sunday evening.
At 9:01 p.m, police were called for a shooting in the 300 block of W. 3rd Street. Police say the 911 caller said that their friend had been shot in the leg and the person who shot them fled the scene.
According to police, the investigation revealed that the suspect and victim had a verbal disagreement earlier in the day. The suspect later went to the victim’s residence on 3rd Street with his brother and a friend. They assaulted the victim and his friends in the front yard of the residence and a fistfight escalated, police say. Police say the suspect then displayed a gun and shot the victim in the leg. The suspect, his brother and a friend then fled the scene.
The suspect was identified as 24-year-old Isaias DePaul, of Kill Devil Hills.
DePaul turned himself in without incident Wednesday. He was taken to the Dare County Detention Center and placed under a $20,000 secured bond.
He is charged with charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
- ‘My dog’s shot’: Police video shows deadly shootout that wounded Utah K-9
- Fossils thought to be hundreds of millions of years old found at Pennsylvania landfill
- Fake News: A look at what didn’t happen last week
- Deputies respond to home of fan screaming ‘shoot!’ while watching Stanley Cup Final
- HHS secretary touts Trump’s health care plan while Democrats say there’s nothing in it