Officials with Albemarle Regional Health Services say the resident was over the age of 65 and died from complications related to the virus.
No further information on their identity will be released.
In the same news release, ARHS also said there has been another COVID-19 death in a Pasquotank County resident, which is in addition to two deaths announced by Pasquotank — Camden — Elizabeth City Emergency Management on Sunday.
Gates County currently has 14 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19. Those include three active, 10 recovered and one death.
Pasquotank has 93 lab-confirmed cases, including 27 active, 58 recovered and eight deaths.
Camden County has 3 lab-confirmed cases, including one active and two recovered.
- ‘More white people locking arms with black people today … than I’ve ever seen’: Newport News pastor sees hope
- 1 displaced after fire on Queen Street in Portsmouth
- Minneapolis protester speaks about helping man who drove truck into demonstration
- Hundreds attend Black Lives Matter 757 peace rally and memorial
- 1 flown to hospital, another taken by ambulance, after crash in James City County